Crayfish Medallions with a Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Serves 2 people
1 cooked Crayfish (1kg in weight)
1 cup of dry White Wine
1 cup of Water
2 Tablespoons of Port
1 Tablespoon of canned and drained Green Peppercorns
½ cup of cream
½ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
½ large Vegetable Stock Cube crumbled
1 Tablespoon of Cornflour
2 Tablespoons of Water (extra)
Hot, ready to serve Fettuccine Pasta
- Combine the wine, water, port and peppercorns in a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for approximately fifteen minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream, mustard and stock cube. Simmer for five minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with the extra water in a small bowl. Add to the mixture, stirring constantly over a high heat until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove the crayfish flesh from the shell in one piece and slice crosswise.
- Add the crayfish to the sauce and reheat gently without boiling.
- Place the medallions of crayfish over the hot pasta and cover with the creamy sauce. Garnish and serve