Crayfish Medallions with Macadamia and Basil Sauce
Serves 2 people
1 cooked Crayfish (1kg in weight)
1 clove of finely chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon of chopped Macadamia Nuts
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
3 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
¾ cup of Dry White Wine
2 Teaspoons of Honey
1 Tablespoon of chopped Fresh Basil
- Remove crayfish flesh from the shell and slice crosswise.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and nuts, stirring constantly over a medium heat for approximately one minute, or until the nuts are lightly browned.
- Stir in the paste, juice, wine and honey.
- Bring the wine mixture to the boil. Add the crayfish in a single layer and reduce the heat.
- Place the crayfish onto serving plates, add basil to the sauce and pour over the crayfish. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Comments: This dish is nice served with either pasta or rice and a tossed green side salad.