2 cooked Crayfish (each approximately 450gr or 1 x 1kg)
Salt and (freshly milled) Black Pepper
5 Tablespoons of good Dry Sherry (Tio Pepe or Pykes Fino preferably)
150ml of fresh Cream
The Yolks of 3 standard Eggs
225gr of freshly boiled Rice
- Cut crayfish in half and discard the stomach.
- Remove the meat from the shell and cut into neat cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then fry gently in butter for approximately two minutes.
- Pour in sherry and simmer slowly until the liquid has reduced by approximately half.
- Put the cream and the (broken) egg yolks into a double saucepan, (or into a basin standing over a saucepan of gently simmering water).
- Stir until the mixture is sufficiently thick to coat the back of a wooden spoon. DO NOT allow to boil. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Arrange the hot rice on warm serving plates. Place equal amounts of crayfish meat and liquid from the pan on to the centre of each.
- Pour the cream and egg yolk sauce over each.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Chef’s Comments: It is very important not to overcook this dish at any point, as it may be easily spoilt.