Serves 2 people
2 cooked Crayfish (each approximately 500gr or 1 x 1kg)
Brandy or Chardonnay to taste
300ml freshly made Béchamel (White) Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Fresh Cream
1 level Dessertspoon of Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper
6 level Tablespoons of finely grated Cheddar Cheese
- Halve crayfish lengthwise, discarding the stomach.
- Remove the meat and cut into neat cubes.
- Combine sauce with the cream and the mustard. Heat it through gently without boiling and season to taste.
- Add a little brandy or chardonnay, (brandy gives a stronger, rounded flavour).
- Cover the base of the crayfish shells with a little sauce, and arrange the crayfish meat on top.
- Coat with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Brown under a hot grill.
Chef’s Comments: This dish is nice served with new potatoes or steamed rice.